Regional Enrollment & Admissions: Admission Counselor (full-time, temporary) to serve a vital role in the success of enrollment management by identifying and engaging prospective students, executing strategies, and managing the achievement of entering student enrollment goals.
- Initiate and maintain relationships with students, families, and staff at high schools, community colleges, businesses and organizations within assigned territory.
- Counsel prospective students, parents, stakeholders and influencers about Miami Regionals, academic programs, student support, outcomes, and the Miami brand.
- Manage assigned recruitment territory through prospect relationship management, leveraging partnerships, relationships, market research, admission and enrollment data, and CRM system to maintain consistent recruitment activity, to increase prospective student interaction, and influence admission yield.
- Coordinate recruitment activities within area high schools, community colleges, businesses, and organizations.
- Prepare and perform Miami University Regionals presentations to prospective students.
- Obtain prospective student leads.
- Organization, coordination, management of recruitment events.
- Coordinate special project assignments for Regional Admission, such as College Credit Plus, Student Ambassadors, College Fair, Counselor Articulations, Yield Events, or Visit Programs, and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent presentation skills, interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills, organizational and planning skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, independently and part of team
- Appreciation for working with diverse populations
- Knowledge of and experience with computer systems and various software applications, especially Microsoft Office and Google suite
- Ability to lift 30-40 lbs of recruiting materials
- Valid driver’s license and automobile for travel
- Ability to perform overnight travel
- This position is available to persons who are currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time and indefinite basis. (Persons authorized to work on such a basis include US citizens, lawful permanent residents (“green card” holders), asylees, refugees, and temporary residents under IRCA.)
- Professional experience
- Project management experience
- Sales experience
- Familiarity with customer relationship management systems
Submit a cover letter and resume to http://jobs.miamioh.edu/cw/en-us/job/496344/. Direct inquiries to Kelli Bray at email@example.com. Screening of applications begins December 5, 2019 and continues until the position is filled.
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of sex/gender (including sexual harassment, sexual violence, sexual misconduct, domestic violence, dating violence, or stalking), race, color, religion, national origin (ancestry), disability, age (40 years or older), sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, status as a parent or foster parent, military status, or veteran status in its recruitment, selection, and employment practices. Requests for all reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@miamioh.edu or 513-529-3560.
As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at http://www.miamioh.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223. Criminal background check required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco free.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.miamioh.edu.