Website Ashland University
This position will assist prospective students and their parents interested in Ashland University through the enrollment process, and coordinate the University’s diversity and inclusion efforts. Preferred candidates will possess the ability to contribute to the diversity, cultural sensitivity, and inclusive excellence of the University community.
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities:
– Serves as the primary contact for prospective traditional freshman students and their influencers within a specific geographic recruitment area.
– Travels to high schools in assigned recruitment territory and areas of diverse student populations.
– Travels to college day/night programs within assigned recruitment territory and areas of diverse student populations.
– Assists with campus visit programs throughout the year.
– Serves as the liaison to an academic college and other offices for new student recruitment purposes.
– Conducts on-campus personal visits and group visit presentations for prospective students and their guests.
– Collaborates with the admissions team, Director of Diversity and Inclusion, faculty, staff, current students, alumni and community members in outreach programs for students of diverse backgrounds.
– Provides innovative ways to recruit students of diverse backgrounds.
– Leads diversity bus trips in collaboration with high schools that have high diverse student populations.
– Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited university required.
– Previous work in admissions and/or experience in the recruitment of students from diverse backgrounds preferred, but not required.
– Effective interpersonal and public speaking communication skills.
– Willingness to work evenings, weekends, or as needed.
– Ability to work unsupervised.
– Evidence of collaboration within a campus community.
– Able to communicate with a wide variety of individuals both on and off-campus.
– Willingness to travel extensively during the fall and spring months.
– Must have a valid driver’s license.
For more information, please contact Kylie Shober, Senior Admissions Representative, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job please visit www.ashland.edu.