Carnegie Mellon University
Carnegie Mellon University has steadily built upon its foundations of excellence and innovation to become one of America’s leading universities. The university’s unique approach to education creates leaders and problem solvers for the changing marketplace of today and tomorrow. Carnegie Mellon University’s holistic admission process is about more than just admitting a group of students who have the potential to succeed academically; it is about selecting students who will add to the overall community.
In the Office of Undergraduate Admission, we continue to work to recruit and retain such students from diverse backgrounds. We also focus on versatile policies and practices that build a sense of community among people with many backgrounds, skills, and strengths.
Our Office of Undergraduate Admission is looking for an Associate Director of Admission to support and lead a dynamic and growing team. The Admission office is a fast-paced office within a highly selective university, offering a diverse environment and variety in the workload. We are looking for someone who will demonstrate positive relationship building skills, an outgoing and positive approach, excellent communication and a keen attention to detail. Flexibility and your ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities will be key to success in this role as well.
As an Associate Director, you will recruit and counsel a diverse group of academically and/or artistically qualified student applicants to the university. You will be part of a team of admission staff members working through the admission decision-making process for one or more of the academic colleges within the university. You will travel locally and domestically which is concentrated most heavily in the fall, as well as coordinate events which may require some night and weekend hours.
Your responsibilities will include:
– Leading a team of admission staff members working through the admission decision making process for one or more of the academic colleges within the university
– Leading a team of full-time Assistant and/or Senior Assistant Directors
– Functioning as a key decision-maker in decisions consistent with the university brand and messaging for the prospective student audience, effectively communicating the university’s strengths and unique advantages
– Interviewing and counseling prospective students and parents regarding the admission process
– Reviewing, evaluating, and determining qualifications for admission of prospective students
– Counseling prospective students and parents about the financial aid process, financial planning options, determining eligibility for financial aid resources and re-evaluating eligibility based upon university guidelines
– Conducting on-campus and off-campus interviews with prospective students and their parents regarding admission and financial aid
– Presenting and representing the university at programs, high school visits, and college fairs in cities throughout the country and in Pittsburgh
– Attending and preparing for required weekly and seasonal planning meetings. Participating in various seminars and professional conferences to maintain or update needed skills
– Advising and counseling high school counselors, students, and parents who contact the admission office with specific concerns or questions
Flexibility, excellence, and passion are vital qualities within our office. Inclusion, collaboration and cultural sensitivity are valued competencies at CMU. Therefore, we are in search of a team member who is able to effectively interact with a varied population of internal and external partners at a high level of integrity. We are looking for someone who shares our values and who will support the mission of the university through their work. We value diverse candidates.
To apply for this job please visit cmu.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.