Website DePauw University
Private Liberal Arts University
Department: Enrollment Management
Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: Associate Director of Admission for Multicultural Recruitment
Amount of Travel Required: 30-50%
Work Schedule: Full Time, 12 month
Positions Supervised: None
In coordination with the Associate Director of Admission for Multicultural Recruitment, this member of the admission team assists in and develops programs designed to increase the recruitment of students from multicultural backgrounds and underrepresented populations. This role will assist in all phases of admission and recruitment while working within an assigned territory. Major responsibilities include implementation of specialized recruitment strategies, collaboration with admission staff, territory management activities, maintaining a contact management system, interviewing prospective students, evaluating candidates for admission and assisting staff with on-campus admission events.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Assist in and develop, implement and coordinate multicultural recruitment efforts at the University.
- Manage a territory with a high volume of multicultural applications, contacting prospective and accepted students and traveling eight to ten weeks to selected geographic areas.
- Recruit diverse and academically talented students while serving as the University liaison for prospective students from initial inquiry to enrolled status.
- Complete all necessary follow-up activities designed to enhance an applicant’s interest in DePauw.
- Evaluate application credentials and determine admission decisions for students applying from an assigned territory and provide consultation on applications submitted by multicultural students from other geographic areas.
- Maintain accurate reports and gauge the effectiveness of recruitment activities.
- Plan and conduct appropriate off-campus follow-up activities and attend regional events for prospective students, parents, alumni, school and independent counselors.
- Assist with on-campus and weekend recruitment events.
- Engage alumni in the recruitment and retention of multicultural students.
- Complete required recruitment related reports.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Accountability – Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Active Listening – Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others.
- Autonomy – Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Communication, Oral – Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written – Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Creative – Ability to think in such a way as to produce a new concept or idea.
- Diversity Oriented – Commitment to valuing a variety of different experiences, encouraging input and collaboration from campus stakeholders, including being mindful of experiences related, but not limited to: age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, socio-economic status, LGBTQ, and/or job type.
- Energetic – Ability to work at a sustained pace and produce quality work.
- Innovative – Ability to look beyond the standard solutions.
- Interpersonal – Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
- Presentation Skills – Ability to effectively present information publicly.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree (four year college or university). Bilingual in Spanish preferred but not required.
- Experience: No prior experience necessary.
- Computer Skills: Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point, including a solid understanding of spreadsheets.
- Certificates & Licenses: Must possess a valid driver’s license, be willing to travel outside of the immediate area and work after regular office hours, including weekends and evenings as needed.
- Other Requirements: Incumbent must possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree and a commitment to the values associated with a nationally-respected liberal arts, residential university. Prior admission experienced preferred but not required. Must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including written and oral skills. Must be comfortable speaking with students, parents, alumni and guidance counselors. Must possess extraordinary organizational and multitasking skills, must be comfortable traveling alone to new cities, have a good sense of direction, and possess the ability to navigate from location to location in unknown environments. Must be creative, must have the ability to come up with original thoughts, a high degree of energy and the ability to work as a team member in an enrollment management setting.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.adp.com.