Website Hale Education Group
US University Admissions Made Easy
Title: Educational Consultant
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates (www.haleeducation.com)
Reports to: Managing Director
Do you want to join a fast-expanding educational start-up working to positively impact young people’s lives? Would you enjoy mentoring an extraordinarily diverse group of students in a young, dynamic work environment?
At Hale, you will join a company with a nonpareil reputation for US admissions counseling in the Gulf region, and work with a diverse team of consultants educated at top American and Canadian universities. Our team has lived in over twenty countries, including Costa Rica, Jordan, Pakistan, Turkey, and Eswatini, speaks more than ten languages, and has included several Fulbright Fellows. Following their time at Hale, previous consultants have gone on to be accepted to top graduate school programs at universities such as Harvard, Georgetown, and the London School of Economics.
Our company is constantly growing; our main offices are located in Dubai and Abu Dhabi, and we have recently opened an office in Beirut, Lebanon and Taipei, Taiwan. We are looking for motivated individuals who are excited by the prospect of leading the way into new global markets.
Hale offers its consultants an amazing opportunity to evolve personally and professionally while making a meaningful difference in the lives of students. We look forward to welcoming you to our team!
Hale Education Group
Hale Education Group is the leading independent educational consulting firm in the GCC, focusing on US university admissions. We provide college admissions counseling to Emirati and international students seeking admission to the full spectrum of US universities and colleges. Our innovative model has evolved from our deep background and broad experience in admissions counseling in the United States. We center our services on providing intensive one-on-one counseling and guidance to students in every aspect of US college admissions, based on the philosophy of finding the right “fit.” Hale’s mission is to guide and empower students seeking to realize their maximum personal, academic, and professional potential through the pursuit of American higher education.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Educational Consultant’s responsibilities include:
· Working individually with students in Grade 8 – Grade 12
· Providing personalized mentorship to push students to explore intellectual curiosities and passions
· Guiding students in preparing their college applications, including balanced and personalized college lists and application essays
· Providing students with academic and extracurricular guidance
· Communicating with students and families over emails and phone calls, as well as through regular in-person meetings
· Assisting in workshops and presentations
· Interest in working with teenagers and students to help them reach their full potential
· Experience living abroad to reflect ability to adjust to another culture
· Passion for education/counseling/student services
· Excellent professional communication skills, both oral and written
· Excellent writing skills
· Basic computer skills
· Willingness to commit beyond scheduled hours during peak season
· 0-2 years demonstrated experience in the field of US university admissions
· Experience working abroad at a professional level in an institution of higher education
· Experience working with teenagers and students
· At least one year demonstrated experience as a college admissions counselor in a US higher education institution
· Advanced degree
· Ability to speak conversational Arabic
Negotiable depending upon experience.
Employment and Working Hours
· Office hours are 5 days per week, 10am-7pm, with 1 hour for lunch. Thirty (30) paid vacation days per year. We observe UAE holidays.
· Hale Education group provides health insurance under the laws of the UAE.
· New hires will be responsible for their own transportation. Dubai has a modern and efficient transportation system, and taxis are easily found at all hours.
To apply, send an email, subject line “Educational Consultant”, along with a CV (resume), cover letter, and writing sample of at least 5 pages (personal statement or college/masters theses preferred) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com