Job Summary: The Assistant/Associate Director of Admission is responsible for coordinating the development, implementation, and assessment of recruitment efforts in their assigned territory. The admission officer will participate in all major on-campus recruitment events (i.e. open houses, scholarship programs, etc.). Auxiliary responsibilities will also be assigned based on the candidate’s strengths and needs of the office.
- Organize, plan and coordinate annual travel within assigned territory.
- Participate in the development, implementation, and assessment of tactical recruitment plans.
- Represent Hanover College at high schools and college fairs.
- Conduct admission interviews with prospective students and parents.
- Follow up with prospective students throughout the recruitment process.
- Represent the College in various state organizations.
Coordinate communication initiatives with prospective and admitted students.
- Represent the Office of Admission with outside constituencies (i.e., athletics, student life, parents/alumni board, etc.) as assigned.
- Assist with all major on-campus visitation programs (i.e., open houses, scholarship programs, etc.)
- Participate in the review of applicant files for admission decisions.
- Working knowledge of financial aid programs and policies.
- Travel to recruitment regions, other than assigned, as needed.
- Provide periodic Saturday office coverage.
- Working knowledge of social media platform engagement.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director of Admission.
Education Required: Minimum – Bachelor’s Degree
Experience Required: 3 -5 years admission experience
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to project the image of the college clearly and professionally.
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks with client-centered attitude.
- Knowledge of PC Windows based computing environment.
- Extensive knowledge and experience working independently in Slate
- Visit experience management or work with event planning
- Advocacy for diverse student populations
- Interest in or experience working with social media
- The successful individual is a strategic thinker and planner; a solution oriented/problem solver; and has a high level of energy, creativity, and enthusiasm. The individual must be self-motivated and be able to set priorities.
- Must be flexible, adaptable and capable of handling a number of competing duties and responsibilities simultaneously. The successful candidate should possess a strong understanding of the higher education landscape.
- Able to function effectively under pressure.
- Able to make decisions and respond to challenges quickly and with ease.
- Articulate and professional.
- Demonstrate professionalism and complete confidentiality when counseling students and/or parents.
- Possess initiative, enthusiasm, positive attitude, and punctuality.
- Be organized and flexible with time and tasks.
- Must be committed to team participation and success.
- Must be able to assist staff members with unusual and complex issues.
- Able to sit/stand/walk for extended periods.
- Able to work in a stressful, time sensitive environment.
To apply for this job please visit www.hanover.edu.