The Admission Counselors at Marietta College are responsible for working collaboratively with each other and several departments across campus to meet enrollment goals. They will meet with prospective students both on and off campus to answer questions and provide information about Marietta College to encourage their enrollment.
Essential Functions of the Position:
1. Responsible for the development and implementation of a recruiting plan.
2. Meet territory recruitment goals.
3. Work collaboratively with Admissions staff to coordinate recruitment initiatives.
4. Represent Marietta College at College Fairs.
5. Represent Marietta College at High School/Community College recruitment visits.
6. Counsel prospective students and their parents regarding admission requirements, academic programs, financial aid and scholarships, resident life and housing, and student organizations and activities.
Required Skills and Abilities:
1. Must be able to work well with diverse students, faculty, and administration on all levels.
2. Ability and willingness to travel.
3. Willingness to work nights and weekends.
4. Strong attention to detail.
5. Must possess strong customer skills and oral and written communication skills.
6. Must possess strong computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel.
7. Ability to use discretion and judgement appropriately under the highest level of confidentiality.
Required Experience & Education:
1. A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree.
2. Previous experience recruiting students in a higher education environment is preferred.
3. A valid driver’s license and ability to be ensured by Marietta College’s liability carrier.
1. Occasionally required to move or transport items weighing up to 25 lbs.
2. Position requires mobility to travel; withstanding travel by several modes of transportation.
3. Use of office equipment including computers, printers, copiers with lifting of less than 20lb occasionally to fill machines or move files.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references. All applications/resumes must be submitted through this online process. We regret that we are unable to accept applications or resumes submitted by mail, email, or fax. As you are submitting your application via this online process, please be sure to provide an accurate email address. You will then receive an acknowledgment indicating your application materials have been received.
Marietta College is an equal opportunity educator and employer that values diversity. The College seeks to enhance the diversity of its faculty and staff. People of color, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. Marietta College does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, disability, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, or religious affiliation.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org