Mount Vernon Nazarene University (MVNU) is an intentionally Christian teaching university for traditional age students, graduate students, and working adults who seek opportunities to learn and grow in an academic community of faith. The University provides the context for a transformational experience through excellent academics, service opportunities, caring relationships, and a nurturing spiritual and social environment. Faculty, staff, and students are challenged to achieve their highest potential, to become increasingly Christ-like and to make a difference in their world through lifelong service.
The University seeks a full-time, salaried, 12-month, Director of Admissions for traditional undergraduate enrollment. This position reports to the Associate Vice President of Enrollment Management and Marketing. A full complement of benefits is provided, including a health care plan, use of university vehicle, retirement contributions, and tuition assistance, each subject to associated waiting periods. The candidate will also receive generous holidays, and vacation and sick days will be earned on an accrual basis.
Responsibilities for this position include:
· Direct the activities and operation of the Admissions Office leading professional and support staff in achieving strategic enrollment goals and serving together as a team, and maintaining a positive and productive office environment;
· Assist the Associate Vice President of Enrollment Management and Marketing to implement the University’s annual recruitment plan along with the development of effective policies and procedures for obtaining maximum productivity from the admissions staff;
· Initiate and promote a spirit of innovation and collaboration within the admissions department, across campus, and with University stakeholders;
· Manage the maintenance of accurate data of all prospective students including incoming freshmen, transfers, readmits, dual enrollment options, and guest students;
· Manage department budget development, expenditures, and reports;
· Oversee university representation with high school guidance counselors, at college fairs, career nights, and other programs serving to promote Christian higher education to prospective students;
· Manage the travel recruitment strategy which includes admissions visits to churches, youth camps, retreats, special events, conferences, and Christian gatherings for the purpose of recruiting new students, keeping special emphasis on the Church of the Nazarene as the sponsoring denomination, sister Wesleyan churches
across the region, and all churches in the area supportive of Christian higher education;
· Develop and execute innovative student communication strategies relevant to Gen-Z using traditional and
emerging technology while overseeing the communication flow plan to ensure timely and accurate delivery;
· Collaborate with campus partners (alumni, volunteers, staff, professors) to develop and execute programs
designed to attract and recruit potential students;
· Coordinate and direct recruitment events for prospective students, especially high school juniors and seniors,
and other special recruitment programs;
· Direct the strategy of maintaining student records and processing of applications to the university until
matriculation as new students;
· Collaborate with Student Financial Services to deliver timely and accurate financial and scholarship
information to prospective students and families;
· Collaborate with the Campus Events Manager to attract outside groups to campus and develop recruitment
strategies for those who visit campus;
· Coordinate an extensive data-driven strategic enrollment approach that includes development and
maintenance of a robust set of reports and routine analysis necessary to meet enrollment goals;
· Collaborate with Director of Marketing Production and Creative Services to research and respond to higher
education enrollment trends, with Academic Affairs to inform prospective students about programs at the
university, and with Nazarene Youth International at the district, regional, and global levels to support the
spiritual development of youth consistent with the mission of the university;
· Represent Admissions on university committees as assigned.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by an individual assigned to this position. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of the position.
Expectations for the successful candidate:
· Evangelical Christian confession of faith and experience;
· Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s preferred;
· At least five years of relevant experience and a successful track record in admissions and recruitment, professional youth ministry, or higher education leadership in a position with accountability for both result and process-oriented goals;
· Understanding and appreciation of the heritage, doctrine and practices of the Church of the Nazarene; Membership in the Church of the Nazarene preferred;
· An understanding of Christian higher education combined with the ability to articulate the mission and vision of Mount Vernon Nazarene University and value of its education within the broader higher education context.
· Advanced knowledge of student recruitment strategies and communication trends;
· Experience in management, training, administration, organizational leadership, and departmental budget management;
· Working understanding of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook);
· Clear and concise interpersonal communication. Must be comfortable in small and large group settings. Must be comfortable communicating with students and their parents;
· Spirit of hospitality and inclusivity;
· Ability to confidentially handle sensitive inquiries and contacts with institutional leadership as well as students;
· Solid administrative ability, organizational insight, and interpersonal skills for team-building and relationship-development in the field;
· Ability to think and lead creatively and strategically in response to challenges within today’s student recruitment environment;
· Ability to capture data, interpret it and turn it into action;
· Must be capable of sitting, walking or standing for long periods of time; frequent use of stairs. Occasionally required to carry items of approximately 40 pounds;
· A clean driving record and availability to travel as needed for university purposes.
To be considered for this position, please email a resume to email@example.com and complete the application, found at: http://mvnu.edu/jobs . Applicants submitting materials via email should attach either a Microsoft Word or .PDF File. Alternatively, materials can be faxed to (740-397-1005), or mailed to:
Mount Vernon Nazarene University
800 Martinsburg Road
Mount Vernon, OH 43050
To apply for this job please visit mvnu.edu.