Website Northwest State Community College
Applications are being accepted for the Admissions Recruiter position. The purpose of this position is to recruit students and assist them in the enrollment process by providing advice, direction, information, support and access to appropriate college departments. Work hours may vary with recruiting events and may include early morning, late evening, and occasional weekends within the 40-hour week.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Visit high schools, business, industry and community organizations to recruit and yield a sufficient number of students to meet recruitment goals.
- Participate in college fairs, business, industry and other off campus events to recruit students.
- Coordinate open house programs, admission events, NSCC College fair, participate in other on campus events.
- Coordinate and present college information for on or off campus recruiting events.
- Assist with the coordination, facilitation and presentation of informational programs to all prospective students, parents and high school personnel.
- Assist with the Presidential & Honors scholarship orientation, and other recruiting receptions.
- Assist with finding a sufficient number of service activities for scholarship recipients, tracking hours and compliance with scholarship guidelines and criteria.
- Collaborate with Data Entry & Testing Assistant to assist with the administration of admissions assessments and other placement assessments.
- Assist with the providing of tours to prospective students, guests and visitors.
- Collaborate with other college departments for the successful matriculation of students.
- Participate in college committees.
- Other similar duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in counseling, marketing, public relations, or business.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; presentations skills.
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people.
- Ability to prioritize.
- Ability to travel to various locations.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships characterized by integrity and responsibility.
- Familiarity and understanding of recruiting, admissions and financial aid.
- Excellent computer skills as appropriate for the area as well as having the ability to update skills based on new computer technology. This includes proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suites programs.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR PUBLIC CONTACT
Position will have frequent contact with prospective NSCC students and current NSCC students; also, frequent contact with NSCC instructors and other Student Service Division staff members.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Interested candidates should apply using the following link:
For a complete listing of current Career Opportunities, visit www.northweststate.edu & click “about NSCC” then “Work for NSCC.”
Job Type: Full-time
To apply for this job please visit www.schooljobs.com.