Website Ohio Northern University
Posting Number: S000228
Position Type: Administrative Staff
Department: Admissions & Enrollment
Benefits Summary: Medical, Dental, Vision, and Prescription insurance, Life insurance, Workers’ Compensation insurance, Unemployment insurance, and Total Disability insurance. Retirement: The University contributes 4% of the regular salary with up to 3% additional in matched contributions into the TIAA Retirement Program. Other benefits include tuition remission for employee, spouse, and employee’s dependent children under the age of 25 (this does not include the last two year of the PharmD program or the JD), and twenty days of paid medical leave per year.
Job Summary: The Admissions Counselor assists the Admissions Office in its efforts to attract and build relationships with potential students. Several of the chief tasks include creating travel schedules, travelling to high schools and college fairs in an assigned travel area, tracking application materials, corresponding with and interviewing prospective students and their families, building relationships with prospective students and high school counselors, assisting with special events, and maintaining various professional networking relationships and performing general office duties.
· Utilize reports and past ONU travel history to coordinate a travel schedule including high school visits and college fairs in the designated area
· Educate, counsel and guide prospective students in their college search process including visiting and applying to ONU
· Interview, counsel and develop relationships with prospective students and their families in person and via phone, mail, email and social networking
· Build strong relationships with prospective students and high school counselors
· Track applications and application materials needed for prospective student admission in the assigned travel area
· Read applicant files to determine the quality of prospective students, their fit for ONU and their preparedness for various programs and majors
· Communicate and update faculty, staff, deans, department chairs, and coaches about interested and qualified prospective students regularly
· Assist with and attend all recruitment events, such as preview days, visitation days, multicultural visit days and student receptions
· Act as liaison with assigned academic units to encourage faculty participation in recruiting
· Offer ideas on new and creative recruitment initiatives
· Perform a variety of general office duties including keeping up-to-date records, organizing communications, attending meetings, serving on various committees, and working on office projects
· Regularly communicate with persons of importance, obtain the cooperation of others, and handle delicate relationships and complex situations
· Complete special projects as assigned
· Excellent organization, collaboration and communication skills and professionalism
· Ability to solve problems through the identification and analysis of diverse issues
· Basic knowledge of professional theories and practices
· Ability to work in a fast paced and ever changing environment
· Bachelor’s Degree
· Up to one year of similar work experience
· Valid driver’s license
· Master’s Degree
· One or more years of similar work experience
Open Until Filled: No
Closing Date: 12/27/2019
To view full description and apply online go to: https://jobs.onu.edu/postings/7056
ONU is an equal employment opportunity employer. Accordingly, no person shall be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, sex, gender identity, transgender status, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. This policy applies to all areas of employment including recruitment, hiring, training and development, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, discipline, separation and other terms, condition and privileges of employment.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.onu.edu.