Website Ohio Northern University
The Admissions Counselor builds relationships with potential students. Primary tasks include utilizing historical data to create travel schedules; traveling to high schools and college fairs in an assigned travel area; tracking application materials; corresponding with and interviewing prospective students and their families; evaluating admissions applications; making admissions decisions and recommending admission decisions to the appropriate college academic personnel, when needed; building relationships with prospective students, high school counselors and teachers, alumni and other student influencers; planning and participating in key recruitment events; maintaining various professional networking relationships; and performing related or similar duties as required or assigned.
- Strategically analyze and evaluate reports and past ONU travel history to coordinate a travel schedule including high school visits and college fairs in the designated area
- Educate, counsel and guide prospective students in their college search process
- Interpret and explain admissions policies set forth by ONU
- Interpret ONU policy, answer questions from parents, students or departments regarding University requirement and admissions standards for individual applicants with respect to their application, transfer or AP credit
- Interview, counsel and develop relationships with prospective students and their families in person and via phone, mail, email, text and social networking
- Build strong relationships with prospective students, high school counselors, alumni, and other student influencers
- Track applications, application materials and audit documents for accuracy needed for prospective student admission in the assigned travel area
- Review applicant files to determine the quality of prospective students, their fit for ONU and their preparedness for various programs and majors
- Make admissions decisions or consult with a recommendation to the college admissions committee through review of all application materials and the knowledge of the particular student
- Communicate and update faculty, staff, deans, school directors and program leads, and coaches about interested and qualified prospective students regularly
- Plan and participate in all recruitment events
- Engage as liaison with assigned academic units to facilitate faculty recruitment strategies and tactics
- Actively strategize on new and creative recruitment initiatives
- Perform a variety of general office duties including keeping up-to-date communication records in Admissions Office CRM, organizing communications at each phase of the enrollment cycle, attending meetings, serving on various committees, and working on office projects
- Regularly communicate with persons of importance, obtain the cooperation of others, and handle delicate relationships and complex situations
- Complete special projects and duties as assigned
- Excellent organization, collaboration and communication skills, and professionalism
- Ability to solve problems through the identification and analysis of diverse issues.
- Basic knowledge of professional theories and practices.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and ever changing environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Up to one year of similar work experience
- Valid driver’s license
- Master’s Degree
- One or more years of similar work experience
To view full description and apply online go to: https://jobs.onu.edu/postings/10874
ONU is an equal employment opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.onu.edu.