Website Ohio Wesleyan University
Ohio Wesleyan University is a selective, private, residential, undergraduate liberal arts institution founded in 1842 and located 20 miles north of Columbus.
The Office of Admission invites applications for an Assistant/Associate Director of Admission to share responsibility for active recruitment and enrollment of a nationwide pool of students. The successful candidate will possess strong communication, management and organizational skills and be willing to travel up to 8-10 weeks a year. This is a full-time, salaried position with benefits. The successful candidate can expect to approximately ten weekends during the academic year, as well as any evenings necessary for office coverage. This position reports directly to the Director of Admission.
Duties and Responsibilities
- – Active recruitment of students to Ohio Wesleyan University through recruitment travel to high schools, college day/night programs, college fairs, phone calling, evening and day receptions, etc. in assigned territory and/or other areas as necessary.
- – Support on-campus recruiting efforts by leading information sessions, conducting interviews, fielding phone calls, responding to emails, welcoming walk-in visitors and answering general inquiries.
- – Support all on- and off-campus recruitment and yield programs coordinated by the Admission Office.
- – Timely management and evaluation of applications for admission and supporting credentials (per office policy), including the recommendation of admission decisions.
- – Develop and cultivate an in-depth knowledge of the university and its academic and extracurricular programs, and be able to articulate these with accuracy, clarity and a clear sense of professional commitment to the benefits of an Ohio Wesleyan University education.
- – Development of a clear understanding of the policies and procedures which dictate the review and admission of students to the university, as well as the development of a clear understanding of the policies and practices that are to be followed in the course of the recruitment process (e.g. travel reimbursement policies, on-road recruitment practices, telephone and written correspondence practices, territory management, travel planning, etc.)
- – The successful candidate will be expected to manage two substantial projects for the admissions office.
- – Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s preferred.
- – Valid driver’s license required.
- – Proven commitment to the ideals and advantages of a selective, independent, residential, liberal arts university.
- – Evidence of strong oral and written communication skills.
- – A positive attitude and sense of humor is required.
- – 3-5 years admission experience is strongly preferred.
Completed applications will include:
***PLEASE INCLUDE ALL APPLICATION MATERIALS IN ONE DOCUMENT***
- Cover Letter
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- The names, titles and contact information for three professional references.
Please email application materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application review will begin immediately and will continue until position is filled.
Ohio Wesleyan University, a private liberal arts college located 20 miles north of Columbus, in Delaware, Ohio, promotes and celebrates an inclusive environment free from constraints in areas of culture, race, sex, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, religion, family relationship, or economic barriers. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged as OWU is an equal opportunity institution and has a strong commitment to supporting diversity, equity and inclusion.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com