Website Ohio Wesleyan University
The Associate Director/Director of Transfer Admission focuses on the recruitment of prospective transfer students and provides insight into Ohio Wesleyan’s academic and co-curricular opportunities. The Associate Director/Director of Transfer Admission will continue to work with students through the application process, providing them with transfer credit evaluations. This individual will register transfer students for courses in the fall or spring, and teach the UC 260 course for incoming transfer students.
Recruitment/Enrollment of Transfer Students
- Develop overall recruitment strategy for transfer students. Visit and recruit from community colleges. Attend community college meetings pertaining to partnerships, and develop recruitment materials specific to transfer students’ interests/questions.
- Actively work to develop articulation agreements and partnerships with 2-year institutions in Ohio and beyond. Engage appropriate OWU faculty and staff members in these initiatives to ensure implementation.
- Develop/enhance the online orientation process for transfer students.
- Work with campus partners to support June and January Orientation sessions.
- Serve as an information resource to students, faculty and staff by maintaining knowledge of transfer articulation agreements and other transfer requirements.
- Maintain databases that provide students with direct access to course acceptability, equivalency and applicability among transfer partners.
- Work with the Sagan Academic Resource Center to provide support programming and resources for transfer students.
Answering Transfer/Transcript Questions:
- Meet with transfer applicants and students to answer questions regarding their transfer transcripts.
- Inform students about OWU’s general education requirements.
- Be able to discuss degree completion options and interpret core requirements for each major with transfer prospects and applicants.
Domestic and international transcript evaluation:
- Determine if institutions are accredited; evaluate transfer transcript coursework for OWU equivalencies.
- Be familiar with country equivalencies differences and accreditation of institutions.
- Develop a library of materials & training manuals.
- Provide preliminary transcript evaluations for students when requested.
- Develop specialized program plans for dual degrees with domestic and international colleges.
Contact with Division Chairs, Advisors, Peers:
- Maintain regular contact with Department and Program Chairs concerning equivalencies, articulation agreements, student questions and transcript equivalencies.
- Broaden procedures and safeguards for capturing more equivalencies in online systems, including PowerCampus, Transferology, and Degree Works.
- Work with the academic community to design efficient and effective transfer tools and products.
- Respond to our advisors and inquiries from other colleges concerning equivalencies.
Collaborate with University Offices:
- Provide a coordinated approach to transfer student issues by communicating with departments regarding the transferability of courses, communicating with the Registrar on transfer of general education courses, and collaborating with the Sagan Academic Resource Center staff as necessary.
- Contributes to the overall success of the Office of Admission by performing all other duties as assigned.
This person will be responsible for administering a comprehensive system of transcript evaluation for domestic and international students and interfacing with on- and off-campus stakeholders to help the institution reach transfer enrollment goals.
- Bachelor’s degree; Master’s preferred.
- Experience working with faculty/staff/students from post-secondary institutions.
- Five or more years’ experience working in an admission or registrar office preferred
- Knowledge of program or project planning and implementation.
- Experience developing and evaluating policies and procedures.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to conduct independent research
- Strength in data analysis and problem solving
- Experience designing and conducting training programs
- Ability to interpret state regulations
- Knowledge of Slate, Power Campus, or other admission and student information systems preferred
Completed application packets will include:
- Cover Letter with salary requirements
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- The names, titles, & contact information for three professional references.
Please email application materials to: email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org