Website University of Cincinnati
The Division of Enrollment Management is seeking to hire up to three (3) Admissions Counselors. Admission Counselors implement and explain University admissions policies. Evaluate admissions applications and/or oversee a programmatic area.
Characteristic Duties: Independently serve and manage a geographic territory to ensure the University reaches various enrollment goals while being fiscally responsible. This includes:
- Serving as the primary resource for contacts in that area
Developing and executing initiatives that best serve the students and organizations in the area.
- Making data-driven decisions to coordinate and execute travel within that area, including visits to high schools and community colleges.
- Maintaining and using information about students and organizations to advise and encourage students from prospect through application and enrollment.
- Increasing representation from one or more strategic populations based on the demographics of the territory (i.e. under-represented, high-achieving, transfer, out-of-state, and international).
- Autonomously represent the University, its colleges and departments, and explain University admissions policies and procedures.
- Able to travel extensively during key time periods (4 – 8 weeks in the fall and 3 – 4 weeks in the spring) and work evenings, weekends, and beyond a traditional work week as needed to effectively perform responsibilities.
- Coordinate a specialized programmatic area such as on-campus and off-campus events, student tour guides, tele-counseling, campus visits, outreach and access, high-achieving scholars, website, social media, transfer, communications and marketing, regional campus referrals, etc.
- Evaluate applications for admission and make holistic admission decisions using many pieces of information. Accuracy and consistency will be needed to ensure the University is properly aligned to reach various enrollment goals.
- Use a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system to maintain records and prepare reports as required; generate reports and assist in analyzing and interpreting data for future planning and evaluation.
Related duties based on departmental need. May include providing direct supervision to exempt and non-exempt staff and/or student staff (i.e., training, hiring/firing, performance evaluations, disciplinary action, approve time off, etc.).
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor degree in related area with one (1) year of experience; -OR- Associate degree with three (3) years of experience; -OR- five (5) years of experience. Experience must be in university admissions and/or counseling high school or college students or related field. Experience may also require at least one (1) year supervision. Some positions may require a valid driver’s license and/or passport.
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / M / F / Veteran / Disabled.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.uc.edu.