Website University of Mount Union
Under the supervision of the Director of Admission, the Admission Counselors at the University of Mount Union are responsible for attaining recruitment goals within their designated territories and target groups. In addition, they participate fully in all recruitment activities that lead to the achievement of the University’s enrollment goals. The Admission Counselor supports and guides students through the college selection process, orienting them to the offerings of the University. The Admission Counselor fosters enthusiasm among high school students seeking admission into University of Mount Union.
This admission position requires travel on a regular schedule around their assigned region. The counselor is responsible for establishing, building, and managing both new and mature relationships between the University and high school guidance personnel within their assigned region.
The Admission Counselor is energetic, creative, forward-thinking and goal oriented; as well as, detailed oriented with a tolerance for ambiguity. The counselor will have demonstrated strengths in the areas of planning, communication and follow through. He or she demonstrates excellent judgment and understands that effectively representing the University is a constant priority.
Working in a highly confidential environment, the Admission Counselor maintains high standards of personal integrity, honesty and character. He or she is dedicated to advancing the University in a resource efficient manner and places significant priority on establishing and managing an annual recruitment programs within stipulated budget guidelines.
This person in this position is expected to exercise judgment and to make decisions considered appropriate and necessary to provide the designated services, consulting with the Director of Admission on a regular basis.
• Coordination of significant annual recruitment program or activity; such as a specialized visit event or project focused on a target group of constituents.
• Travels throughout their assigned region as needed throughout the year with a focus on an 8-10 week fall travel season.
– Plans and organizes travel schedule upon review of historical territory data and the university strategic plan.
• Must maintain a valid, non-suspended, Ohio driver’s license at all times and meet the criteria to drive a University vehicle.
• Responsible for establishing, building, and managing both new and mature relationships between the University and high school guidance personnel within assigned region.
• Facilitates and communicates with prospective students and their parents regarding admission into the University.
– Including the drafting of letters and emails to prospective students and their parents.
• Reviews admission files and recommends admission into University based upon University criteria and holistic review of each student record.
• Coordination and implementation of individual and group visits to the University.
• Works with the Athletic department, faculty, and staff across campus.
• Participation as an active member of the Office of Admission staff at all events, including evenings and weekends.
• Responsible for the integrity and consistency of recruitment data within their territory.
• Enhances professional growth and development through participation in continuing education courses, professional organizations, seminars and workshops, reading current literature and maintaining professional contacts in the community.
• Participates in University compliance training as communicated by the University and the Director of Admission
• Serves on University Committees as approved by the Director of Admission or the Vice President for Enrollment Management
• Performs other duties as assigned.
A Bachelor’s degree is required. Experience in higher education is preferred – particularly small, private undergraduate education. The Admission Counselor must have excellent oral, interpersonal and written communication skills to effectively market the University; and the ability to work with traditional age applicants, and their parents; as well as nontraditional age applicants. Additionally, the Admission Counselor must have demonstrated experience in the successful completion of multiple projects and responsibilities.
This position is required to attend assigned University compliance training as communicated by the University.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. When requested, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
The University of Mount Union is an equal opportunity employer. The University prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, marital or parental status, pregnancy, disability, or genetic information in student admissions, financial aid, educational or athletic programs, or employment as now or may hereafter be required by university policy and federal or state law.
To apply visit: https://apptrkr.com/2372779
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.