Website Ursuline College
Admission Counselor/Assistant Director of Admission
Coordinator of Multicultural Recruitment
FLSA Status: Full-Time Exempt (Salary)
Classification: Staff (12 Month)
Department: Undergraduate Admission
Area: Enrollment Management
Responsible for recruiting, qualifying and counseling new first-time students. Serves as primary strategist in the College’s efforts to diversify the student body. Develops and implements a recruitment plan for an assigned territory. Serves as a representative of the College to its various publics. Reports to the Director of Admission.
Essential Job Functions:
· Develop strong relationships with school counselors, students, families and community-based organizations (CBO).
· Participate in recruitment activities in order to meet the college’s enrollment and revenue goals. Recruitment activities may include but are not limited to: high school visits, meetings with school counselors, college fairs, networking with alumnae, planning or participating in on/off campus events.
· Develop partnerships with local community-based and professional organizations that promote access and college readiness.
· Manage recruitment territory, develop strategies for recruitment in primary and secondary markets.
· Set recruitment goals for assigned territory and develop and implement a recruitment plan to meet goals.
· Gather, track, analyze, and report data to assist in defining effectiveness of recruitment strategies.
· Travel to recruit new students through high school, college day and night programs, school counselor programs, etc.
· Determine student interest from point of inquiry through the deposit stage utilizing telephone, electronic, and written communication, as well as available technology.
· Counsel and provide information to prospective students and/or families during campus visits.
· Advise students on the transfer of credits by conducting unofficial credit evaluations.
· Maintain knowledge of financial aid process and policies, Ursuline College academic programs and curriculum, NCAA compliance topics, student life, etc.
· Review applications and make recommendations on admission.
· Liaison to academic departments; develops and implements recruitment plan for assigned majors.
· Serves as member of the Counselor on Call rotation, providing office coverage and front line customer service on designated days.
· Serve on departmental and campus-wide committees.
· Support electronic communication in recruitment, including the management of the office CRM, email, web content, blog, text messaging etc.
· Develop and implement a multicultural student recruitment plan, including on-campus programming and community partnerships
· Train counseling staff to effectively recruit multicultural students in their territories; promote cultural sensitivity and awareness of trends and research pertaining to multicultural students and college access.
· Maintain involvement with and coordinate outreach to college access organizations and other groups which serve and promote college access to multicultural students.
· Coordinate campus visit opportunities and events for multicultural students.
· Develop relationships with various college constituents including faculty, staff, and students.
· May assist with any of the following activities: engaging alumnae in recruitment, school counselor programming, communication plan development and implementation, event coordination, transfer and international student recruitment, and/or campus visit experience.
· Assist with administrative tasks that may include: creating reports, data entry, application processing, etc.
· Perform other duties assigned by the Director of Admission.
Qualifications: Bachelors degree. 1 to 3 years previous experience in college admission/higher education setting. Must be highly motivated and energetic, detail oriented, and possess excellent interpersonal, written communication and presentation skills. Valid driver’s license and ability to travel. Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends.
Steps: Please send your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to Emily Haggerty at email@example.com. Subject line to read “Resume for Coordinator of Multicultural Recruitment Position – FirstName LastName”
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org