OACAC 2016 Southeast/Central Ohio Articulation
Ohio University is excited to host you on campus for the OACAC 2016 Southeast/Central Ohio Articulation program on Thursday, September 8, 2016. These pages includes important information about the day.
A more detailed schedule will be provided upon check-in.
8:00 a.m. – Registration, Baker University Center
8:30 a.m. – 8:45 a.m. Welcome Presentation, Baker University Center Ballroom
8:45 a.m. – 9:30 a.m. OASFAA, Prior-Prior Year from a financial aid perspective
9:45 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. Session I, Baker University Center
10:45 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Session II, Baker University Center
11:45 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Session III, Baker University Center
12:30 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. Lunch, Charles J. Ping Recreation Center
1:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. College Fair, Charles J. Ping Recreation Center
2:30 p.m. – Campus Tours (optional)
We encourage you to plan time prior to the program as breakfast is not provided. Several on-campus dining facilities will be available to you with breakfast options in Baker University Center, including West 82 and The Front Room.
Parking & Permit/Pass
Complimentary parking will be located at the South Green Parking Lots (coded as purple lots): 51, 52, 53, 54, and South Green Garage Lot 78 and 79. Follow directions and signs as noted below. Please see the campus parking map for more detailed locations of parking lots. Shuttles will run a continuous loop from South Green lots to Baker University Center for your convenience.
Note: Private apartment parking lots and Ohio University lot 55 are not available for this event. Prior to the articulation date a parking permit/pass will be sent in a confirmation email to all who preregister. Please ensure your lot number matches the lot numbers designated on your parking permit/pass. A permit/pass will also be available at the designated parking lots and check-in.
College Representative Material Drop Off
Follow the step by step directions listed below. The Charles J. Ping Recreation Center (GPS: 82 South Green Drive) will be on your right side along South Green Drive just past the Peden Football Stadium and the Walter Fieldhouse. Signs will direct you to pull into the drop off area where you can unload your college fair materials before continuing on South Green Drive to the designated parking lots.
Directions to OHIO
Please allow plenty of time in your travels for early or on time arrival and at least 10-15 minutes for parking and transportation to Baker University Center. Shuttle service will be available beginning at 7:30 a.m. to take you from your parking location to Baker University Center. Watch for student parking attendants wearing yellow event jackets, who will be available for assistance at the lots from 7:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.
Step-by-step directions to Athens: Visit our travel directions page for driving directions to Ohio University.
GPS: If you are using a GPS or other map service, please use 82 South Green Drive to arrive on campus and then follow the Admissions Event and OACAC Articulation signs along South Green Drive to the designated South Green Parking lots. Step by step directions outlined below can also be used.
- Arrive in Athens from Route 33/32/50, take exit 17 and follow to the roundabout.
- Take the first right in the roundabout onto Richland Avenue and stay in the right lane crossing over the Hocking River.
- Turn right at the traffic light onto South Green Drive. (Peden football stadium is on your right)
- Continue to follow the Admissions Event Parking signs and OACAC Articulation signs along South Green Drive until the second stop sign. (College Representatives will see directional signs along South Green Drive to drop off materials at Charles J. Ping Recreation Center)
- At the second stop sign turn left onto Rufus Drive and continue to the designated lots, 51, 52, 52, 54 on your left.
Other Helpful Information
- Hotel accommodations can be made at the Ohio University Inn & Conference Center, or click here to view a list of other Athens area hotels.
- The Athens County Visitor’s Bureau is home to many Uptown Athens shops and dining options. Try something local before you leave!
- Want to know more about Ohio University? Visit our website!
If you have questions on the day of the program, please contact Undergraduate Admissions at 740.593.4100.
We look forward to your visit!
(click to download document)