Inclusion, Access and Success
The Inclusion, Access and Success Committee shall stay informed of any important statewide diversity issues related to higher education and relay that information to the OACAC membership. The Inclusion, Access and Success committee will also ensure that OACAC integrates diversity within the membership, committees and programming.
The responsibilities of the committee include:
- Lead discussions on issues of access and equity in the college admissions process, and serve as a resource to OACAC members.
- Work to ensure that all OACAC conferences have topics that explore diversity and multicultural issues.
- Communicate issues and concerns as they relate to diversity and multiculturalism to OACAC members by using technology and OACAC resources.
- Administration and selection of the Charles L. Warren Memorial Heritage Scholarship
- Work to increase membership and participation in OACAC from counselors in urban areas.
Scholarship Opportunity 2023
Questions? Contact Jahnee: firstname.lastname@example.org
OACAC Inclusion, Access and Success Committee Chair
The Charles L. Warren Memorial Heritage Scholarship is now open for eligible students to submit. This scholarship is available to high school seniors who attend schools that have at least one school or college counselor who is a current member of OACAC. The OACAC Inclusion, Access and Success Committee encourages you to forward the application to deserving students at your high school. The one-time $1,500 scholarship will be awarded to four outstanding high school seniors.
Students from underrepresented populations with a grade point average of a 3.0 or better on a 4.0 scale who are in a college preparatory curriculum are eligible to compete for the scholarship. The students must also plan to attend an Ohio college or university. Applicants must submit a completed application along with their personal statement, high school transcript, and school counselor recommendation (which must be signed by the counselor). Please note that students may also submit a recommendation from a teacher, clergy or someone who has worked with them through a community organization.