The Professional Development Committee facilitates the professional growth and the development of OACAC’s primary audience: college admission counselors at the secondary and post-secondary levels.
The responsibilities of the Professional Development Committee are:
- Survey the membership periodically regarding and bring forth any issues/topics pertaining to professional development.
- Assume other responsibilities for professional development assigned by the President
- Continue and strengthen the connection between guidance counselors and college admissions personnel by providing programming opportunities.
- Investigate the needs of new members.
- Facilitate the OACAC Graduate Course to new high school counselors on guiding students through the college planning and selection process.
OACAC offers a range of events, programs and workshops that focus on your professional development.