The Professional Development Committee facilitates the professional growth and the development of OACAC’s members by offering programs on relevant and timely topics affecting our profession and our work with students.
The Professional Development Committee members assist with many great initiatives such as:
- Surveying the membership periodically regarding and bring forth any issues/topics pertaining to professional development.
- Continue and strengthen the connection between guidance counselors and college admissions personnel by providing programming opportunities.
- Investigate the needs of new members.
- Develop offerings and execution of drive-in workshops
- Create and sustain partnerships with other ACAC affilates and professional member organizations such at Ohio School Counselors Association and Ohio Association of College Registrars and Admission Officers.
- Develop and execute the webinar series