Website Antioch College
Antioch College invites applications for an Admission Counselor in the Office of Admission & Financial Aid. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and the position will remain open until filled or cancelled.
Antioch College is a small liberal arts institution located on a historic campus in Yellow Springs, Ohio. The College has an inspiring mission and a proud history of educating leaders and contributors to our society, including Nobel Laureates, Fulbright Scholars, and MacArthur Fellows as well as notables in arts and culture, the sciences, the public sector, and business. Our innovative baccalaureate program integrates rigorous classroom learning with full-time work and community engagement. Commitments to social justice, sustainability, and global issues are important components of the Antioch College experience. A low student-faculty ratio provides Antioch College students with personal attention from professors who have a strong commitment to teaching. Originally founded in 1850, Antioch College is authorized by the Chancellor of the Ohio Department of Higher Education and accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
POSITION SUMMARY DESCRIPTION
The primary responsibility of this position is to establish and manage relationships with students, high school counselors, and other organizations in order to enroll students that will be successful at Antioch College. This position involves domestic travel and territory management to recruit prospective students to Antioch College. The Admission Counselor will collaborate in developing a recruiting plan that will include marketing, web-based communication, Antioch alumni, and travel in an assigned territory.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION
- -Attend college fairs/programs and make individual visits to high schools in the assigned territory during the fall and spring of each year
- -Arrange and conduct interviews with students
- -Develop strong relationships with prospective students and families throughout the admission cycle through personal communication
- -Respond to email communications from prospective students and their parents
- -Enter prospective student data into Client Relationship Management System (CRM)
- -Read, interpret, and evaluate students’ academic credentials and make admission recommendations
- -Conduct research to identify appropriate high schools, set enrollment goals and develop a recruitment plan for territory
- -Join and participate in regional admission and school counselor associations
- -Schedules appointments for prospective students with faculty, staff, and admission representatives for interviews, campus tours, class visits, overnight visits, and airport transportation
- -Read, interpret, and evaluate students’ academic credentials and make admission/denial recommendations
- -Operate telephone console to receive incoming messages and make follow-up calls
- Compose memos, correspondence, reports, and other documents
- -Other duties as assigned in support of student enrollment
QUALIFICATIONS AND CAPABILITIES:
- -A Bachelor’s degree is required
- -One to two years’ experience in admissions and recruitment is preferred
- -Experience coordinating and organizing events
- -Ability to work evening and weekends as necessary. Weekend and overnight travel is required
- -Commitment to the ideals and advantages of a selective, independent, residential liberal arts university is required
- -Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite, Google tools, and customer relationship software, preferred
- -LANGUAGE SKILLS: Superior written and oral communications skills. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of students, parents and the general public.
- -REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- -ABILITY TO ORGANIZE AND PLAN: Identify tangible goals, establish timelines and key deliverables, work with others to gain buy-in and support to see goals realized.
- -Ability to work as a member of a team
- -MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
Application materials for the position will be accepted until an appointment is made or the position is canceled. There is no relocation available for this position.
To apply, send email to email@example.com. Include the position title in subject line and submit in one attachment in Word or PDF format the following:
- -A cover letter addressing relevant experience, leadership and your suitability for and interest in the Antioch College position,
- -A resume detailing your work history and relevant experience, and education,
- -Provide contact information, including name, association with you, telephone number, and email address, for three professional references who are familiar with your work and who will speak with Antioch about your capabilities (they will not be contacted without your knowledge).
Antioch College is committed to the goal of achieving equal opportunity for all and, accordingly, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, expression and characteristics, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, visible or invisible disability, or status as a disabled veteran of the Vietnam era. The College complies with federal and state legislation and regulations regarding nondiscrimination. This policy applies to faculty and staff, applicants for faculty and staff positions, students and applicants for educational programs and activities. Inquiries concerning this policy should be addressed to the Office of the President.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org