Website Archbishop Moeller High School
Archbishop Moeller is an all-male, Catholic high school (grades 9-12) located in Cincinnati, OH. Founded by the Marianist order of Priests and Brothers, Moeller is a Catholic high school in the Marianist tradition. Moeller strives to educate all students, regardless of ability, in Mind, Body, and Spirit within a Community of Brothers. Moeller is nationally recognized for their House System and recently broke ground on a state-of-the-art Innovation Hub. Moeller offers a comprehensive, college preparatory curriculum which includes over 30 Advanced Placement and College Credit Plus courses, as well as courses in visual and performing arts, world language, business, and information technology.
Moeller is seeking a full-time College Counseling Program Director to join our dynamic, dedicated, and collaborative counseling department. The counseling department consists of six comprehensive school counselors that serve students and families in grades 9-12 in each of our six houses. The successful candidate will work with students, parents, and school counselors on leading college planning programming efforts, networking with admissions representatives, and providing specific support and counsel to students in the Chaminade Global Scholars program, a program for high-achieving students.
• Foster relationships and communication with post-secondary institutions in order to strengthen the admissions process and outcomes for Moeller students through
Regular communication with representatives, including travel to colleges and universities, and conferences.
Coordination of college fairs, information sessions, campus visits, and college representative visits.
• Lead communication and programming efforts for students and parents regarding topics such as college application process, financial aid, athletic recruiting, and military academies.
• Coordinate and support the school’s post-secondary advising strategy and internal efforts.
Support school counselors and teachers in post-secondary advising, application review, letters of recommendations, etc.
Review college essays and applications to help students with the creation of strong applications.
• Use best practices, external data and trends, as well as compile and analyze internal data, to inform counseling strategies.
• Serve as an additional advisor/counselor for students in the Chaminade Global Scholars program, which is a program for high-achieving students. Provide specialized college advising throughout these students’ time at Moeller to support their postsecondary goals.
• Candidates will possess at least a bachelor’s degree and should have high school counseling experience or experience as a college admissions representative.
• Candidates should possess comprehensive knowledge of the college landscape and trends in higher education.
• Ideal candidates will be dynamic, personable, energetic individuals who work well with high school students and their families and will be able to help foster the spiritual, academic, social, and emotional growth of each student. Additionally, they will possess a desire to support the academic vision and mission of Moeller High School: Catholic. Marianist. Forming Our Students into Remarkable Men.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com