August 16, 2017
For security reasons, financial reports are available by request from the OACAC treasurer or president.
March 25, 2017
General Membership Meeting
Monday, March 27, 2017 – 12:00p-1:30p
Polaris Hilton, Columbus OH
For internet security reasons, please contact the Executive Administrator if you wish to view the annual report and financial data.
September 18, 2016
Click the image below for the General Membership Meeting (9/22/2016) documents. If you have not renewed your OACAC membership prior to our meeting, please do so! We look forward to gathering together for an exciting event in Columbus!
April 8, 2016
Below you will find the 2015-2016 Annual Report. This report contains the meeting agenda for the General Membership Meeting on April 11, 2016 and other year-in-review information for the OACAC membership.
March 11, 2016
- Yale being investigated for discrimination against men in unusual Title IX complaint May 21, 2018The U.S. Education Department is investigating whether Yale University discriminates against men, stemming from an unusual complaint from a doctoral student completely unaffiliated with institution. The Office for Civil Rights’ investigation into whether the university violated the federal gender discrimination law, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, began last month. Generally, the bulk […]
- Research universities quietly collaborate with Facebook. What are they working on? May 21, 2018At the end of 2016, 16 universities entered into an agreement with Facebook to help the company quickly develop new technologies. Now, a total of 30 institutions have signed up to the Sponsored Academic Research Agreement, or SARA, according to Facebook. But little is known about what they’ve been working on. Contacted by Inside Higher […]
- Colleges award tenure May 21, 2018Indiana University Northwest Yuanying Guan, mathematics Daniel Kelly, chemistry David Parnell, history Crystal Shannon, nursing Kenyon College Chris Bickford, biology Will Luther, economics Pashmina Murthy, English St. Joseph's University, in Pennsylvania Elizabeth Becker, psychology Christopher Close, history Clare Conry-Murray, psychology Laura Crispin, economics Mark Lang, food marketing Elena Lvina, management Elizabeth Morgan, music, theater and […]
- Republicans are generally positive about higher education in new survey May 21, 2018A pair of surveys last year from the Pew Research Center and Gallup showed deep skepticism about higher education among Republican respondents. While subsequent, less publicized surveys painted a more complex picture, many college leaders and academics remain worried about whether Republican scrutiny could lead to (more) budget cuts or policy crackdowns. New America is the […]
- U. of Denver settles with EEOC, agreeing to pay $2.66 million to seven female law professors who alleged gender-based pay bias May 18, 2018The University of Denver must pay a group of female law professors $2.66 million and make significant changes to its law faculty compensation policies, based on a settlement approved Thursday. In a relatively rare move, the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission sued Denver in 2016 for violations of the Equal Pay Act and federal non-discrimination laws. It did […]
- Colleges announce commencement speakers May 18, 2018George Washington University: Marcia McNutt, president of National Academy of Sciences. Johnson & Wales University: Laura Freid, president of the Maine College of Art, and others. Morton College: Doug Bruno, head women's basketball coach at DePaul University. Editorial Tags: Commencement speakersIs this diversity newsletter?: Newsletter Order: 0Disable left side advertisement?: Is this Career Advice newsletter?: Magazine treatment: Trending:
- Another college (Marylhurst) closes -- this one not in the Northeast or Midwest May 18, 2018Marylhurst University, a Roman Catholic institution located on the outskirts of Portland, Ore., announced Thursday that it would close by the end of the year, after nearly 125 years of operation. The university has seen its enrollment plummet from 1,409 in 2013, when many colleges' enrollment swelled as people returned to college during the Great […]
- Early analyses of federal data show changes in student and debt profiles May 18, 2018The proportion of the U.S. college-going population made up by nontraditional students -- at least by some common markers -- has dropped off in recent years as the economy has continued to improve. And among those pursuing graduate education, the share of black students accumulating significant student debt levels has shot up sharply, outpacing other student […]
- Advocates push for stronger Pell Grant as appropriations cycle begins May 18, 2018With Congressional talks over next year's spending package having just begun, higher education groups are zeroing in on a stronger Pell Grant as a key demand for this funding cycle. But while student aid advocates want major new investments in the primary form of grant-based aid for low-income college students, they expect only modest gains to happen before an update […]
- Michigan State settles with Nassar survivors in half-billion-dollar payout May 17, 2018Michigan State University will pay half a billion dollars to the survivors of abuse by a disgraced former professor and doctor at the institution, Larry Nassar, who pleaded guilty to sexually assaulting hundreds of women. It is believed to be the largest settlement of its kind involving sexual misconduct and a university, blowing away the […]
- Yale being investigated for discrimination against men in unusual Title IX complaint May 21, 2018
- Sony Adds 10-Inch Digital Paper Model May 21, 2018Sony today introduced a 10-inch version of its Digital Paper device. The new model is "notebook-sized," compared to the original 13-inch "letter-sized" model.
- Rice to Work with 2U on Launch of Online Business 'Short Courses' May 21, 2018Less than a year after Rice University in Houston announced plans to introduce a new online master of business administration with program management company 2U, the institution said it would work with the company to deliver master's-level "online short courses" in business and management as well. The first short course to be offered by Rice […]
- MIT Engineers Build VR System to Train Racer Drones May 21, 2018Engineers at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology have created a virtual reality environment to train drones to fly fast around obstacles. Dubbed "Flight Goggles," the software causes drones to "see" virtual obstacles in space that is actually clear of physical objects — giving drones a way to fail during flight training without being involved in […]
- Upcoming Events, Webinars & Calls for Papers (Week of May 21, 2018) May 21, 2018Upcoming events include the NISOD International Conference on Teaching and Leadership Excellence, InfoComm 2018 and the W.C.E.T. Leadership Summit.
- A Million Ontario Students Get Access to Lynda.com Courses May 21, 2018All college students in one Canadian province will receive access to Lynda.com courses. The Ontario government has signed an agreement with LinkedIn, a Microsoft company that owns Lynda.com, to provide skills training through LinkedIn Learning that will help post-secondary students "prepare for the jobs of the future."
- Senate Approves Bill to Reinstate Net Neutrality; House Action Less Likely May 17, 2018While the Federal Communications Commission has set a date for rescinding net neutrality — the rules by which internet service providers are expected to abide — a new resolution by U.S. Senator Ed Markey (D-MA) aims to preserve the protections classifying the internet as a public utility.
- Blackboard Intros Web Accessibility Checker May 17, 2018Blackboard today introduced Blackboard Ally for Web, a solution for assessing and improving the accessibility of institutions' websites. The tool expands on Blackboard's Ally product (launched last year), which focuses on the accessibility of course materials in learning management systems.
- University of Washington Continuum College Launches Coding Boot Camp May 17, 2018A new coding boot camp from the University of Washington Continuum College is launching this July to provide working professionals with web development skills.
- Ohio CC Recognized for Student Success May 17, 2018Lorain County Community College's student success initiative is running on all cylinders. The Ohio institution was recently recognized by the American Association of Community Colleges for its progressive work in dual enrollment, degree completion and transfer.
- California CC Innovation Grants Tap Tech to Scale Student Success May 16, 2018Armed with innovation grants, Glendale Community College will be scaling up an automated system to help students with career guidance; Irvine Valley College will expand its pathways work with veterans; and College of the Redwoods will build up a program for incarcerated students. These three California institutions, as well as eight others, have been awarded […]
- Sony Adds 10-Inch Digital Paper Model May 21, 2018